A lot of exciting updates!
- We have rebuilt our commenting system to make your experience more pleasant. The system became much faster and now includes an inbuilt text editor.
- Album Roll – new album view with a bunch of pictures on one page in full album size resolution.
- Improved photo navigation.
- … and a lot of other exciting new options are coming this year!
Fotki brings a bunch of new features!
- Fotki is an innovative company featured at the TiEcon 2010.
- Pixelpipe now supports Fotki – upload photos from any mobile device directly into your Fotki albums.
- New uploading page, easier to use and more uploading options.
- Fotki Feed updated, more great features from our developers.
- Fotki has upgraded My Fotki pages and added a birthday tracker. Now you won’t miss your Fotki friends’ birthdays, no chance!
- New search options and search updates, new option for sharing images in a bulk.
- “My Favorites” feature now allows you to collect your favorite shots across all Fotki and store links to these photos in one place on your own account.
- Even more virtual gifts have been added.
- Fotki has launched Fotki FTP Drive which allows you to upload any file types to your personal FTP drive by means of basically any FTP client.
- Finally on Fotki – uploading of videos to your albums! Now Fotki offers video hosting service to all its members.
- More privacy options – “Allow access for my account” and “Approve comments” (before they get posted on your Fotki).
- A completely new and a lot easier way to share your images and photo albums on Facebook and Twitter is here.
- Fotki introduces a package of B2B solutions: API Storage, co-brandable white-label file storage solution for end users on a network mapped drive, Product Store, turn-key social network, co-branded photo/video sharing solution, white label photo/video contests solution.
Fotki integrates with social networks!
- Fotki Feed now lets you see your Fotki Friends’ latest uploaded photos, blog entries and more.
- “Featured” tag, area labeling (photo notes) and face tagging have been added.
- New gift options – post cards (new item in Fotki gift shop) and virtual gifts.
- Fotki comments have been upgraded, we’ve added audio comments and email notifications
- Fotki introduces an affiliate program – bring your friends to Fotki and earn money.
- “AddThis” button now lets you post any photo onto any social networks or blogs like Twitter, Digg, etc.
- Fotki Widgets are here – post beautiful Fotki album preview widgets to your blog.
- Fotki brings an opportunity to get a Premium membership for free with TrialPay option.
- “Sponsor me” option lets you pay for your friend’s Fotki account.
- Fotki is supported by Eye-Fi wireless storage memory cards which automatically upload photos to your computer and to Fotki. No cables. No hassles. No kidding.
- Fotki introduces new protection features – PIN code, to prevent unauthorized changes to an account and protective photo frames to prevent stealing.
- Fotki introduces an app for uploading photos from Android mobile devices.
- In partnership with Samsung and supported by National Geographic, the Global Wind Day announced a Wind Energy Photo Contest on Fotki.
- Fotki upgrades its hardware to become even faster than ever.
Fotki Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary!
- It was a year of the site further growth and development
- We have moved our headquarters to San Francisco, California
- We got 1.2 B photo files stored on Fotki now!
- We support over 60 non-profits by free hosting and free marketing support
- We released a turnkey white-label store to help non-profits in raising money and marketing to their audiences
- We created a turnkey social networking, photo and video sharing solution Fotki Lite
- We built Fotki Store, where users can create photo T-shirts, mugs, bags, puzzles and other fun stuff
- We have been leveraging the volume of our product orders (photo prints and other photo products, such as T-shirts, mugs, mousepads, etc.) to offer the lowest possible prices to Fotki users.
Even Crazier Times!
- What a year! We became a Winner of the first CNET Webware 100 contest!
- We got a billion images stored on Fotki now!
- We signed several key business-to-business deals with media, travel, telecom and electronics companies to make Fotki even more fun and rewarding
- Fotki-based photo and video systems now work as the back ends of several Fortune 100 companies and other major companies
- Fotki is building Fotki Store, where users will be able to create (and sell) photo books, T-shirts, calendars and other fun stuff
- Fotki is the first Website where you can order professional quality photo prints starting at 9 cents without registering and within seconds
- 2006 was the first year of building the Cool New Fotki — the kind of Fotki that would embody everything that is fun, cool, user-friendly and ridiculously easy to use
- We started redesigning, got some accolades from ABC, Business Week, Wired Magazine, CNET, and many others – well, thank you – but – you AIN’T SEEN NOTHIN’ YET!
- Fotki now hosts hundreds of millions (yes, that’s hundreds of millions) of images! We have 5 million users and keep growing. Awesome
- We grew to 30 employees continuing to stay profitable
Fotki Is a Media Social Network
- According to Google and Alexa, Fotki is a top photo-sharing site
- Fotki hosts over 50M photos, serves 300M pages per month, and lists over 600,000 active registered members
- We have moved to a fancy new office in New York City, near Times Square
- Google Maps and other map services were integrated with Fotki albums
Fotki Is a Web Service Suite for Photo Amateurs and Photo Professionals
Fotki Becomes, Well… Kind of on a Bigger Side, not Big yet…
- Fotki has 100,000 members and several million photos! Back then it seemed like a lot
- We moved our servers to a new world-class data center with 24/7 monitoring
- Premium members got online journals and an option to sell photo prints at custom prices
- New uploading tools and photo slideshow made photo sharing more pleasant
- We launched photo contests
We are a Business Now!
- We became a “real business” — first revenues!
- Fotki has 25,000 members and several hundred thousand photos
- Risk-free two-week trial membership implemented
- Fotki shopping-cart system accepts all major credit and debit cards
- A personalized customer service by phone — the only one in photo sharing
Qualitative Leap – Paid Accounts and Photo Printing Introduced
- We are working on the first annual fee-based Premium Fotki membership, which gives users unlimited photo storage space and a set of tools for organizing their photos
- Fotki members could now order 4 × 6 high quality photo prints for only 19 cents, the lowest price in the industry! (Back then the price seemed incredible — check our prices now)
- Major system upgrades and first scalability work
More Features, More Work
- Member navigation made it possible to quickly and easily view and manage users’ accounts
- A variety of convenient upload tools supporting more than forty formats gave users easy roads into the bliss that Fotki is (or was hoping to become, anyway!)
- An in-house Fotki support system, based on instant messaging made it even more fun to users and even more demanding as far as our sleeping schedules
An Official Version of Fotki.com Introduced to Public
- Friends of friends and friends of those friends asked for permission to use the site for photo storage and communication and Fotki community was growing virally before we even knew what the darn word meant
- With digital photography entering the mainstream, a user-friendly, simple as can be system was the only way to win the hearts of users around the world
First Fotki Version Released
- A personal website was founded by Fotki current President, Dmitri Don, together with Katrin Lilleoks
- They did it in their spare time, as a hobby and for a close circle of friends
- Fotki’s first headquarters was in its founders’ New York City apartment
- Fotki was created to store and share digital photos and to communicate with friends and relatives around the world
- Why “Fotki”? — well, in some Slavic languages it is short and endearing for “photos”